Pages

Thursday 30 September 2021

Lazy Sneakers: Maia Mariner Response 1 : I see me

 L.I To Design a pair of sneakers that represent you and your cultural identity.


In this DLO, I have completed one of the I see me challenges. The challenge required me to customize a pair of sneakers(of your choice) that represents me. This idea was influenced by a 12 year old Maia Mariner(who is now year-11), who generated a non-profitable operation that allows children and teenagers in need of good quality sneakers. This idea came to her head as soon as she noticed some kids were not able to play sports, as they did not have the fitable footwear. 

With this in mind, I created sneakers that I thought really connected to me and what I represent. I used Nike Dunks and picked a color palette of brown. I used a traditional tongan flower, that embody's tongan culture and the love of our traditions.I also used polyneasian patterns to represent the pasifika community in a whole, and how we standing together as one. 

I really enjoyed doing this activity, as I was able to use my creativity to full-fill my calling as a polyneasian young woman. 

What is I see me? Iseeme.nz is a site that allows Pacifica/Polynesian students to complete a whole set of activities that are Polynesia related. This helps us Make your digital creations and then share them, enjoy weaving your virtual mat, connecting you to your impressive ancestors, near and far.


No comments:

Post a Comment