Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 - Day 2 - Activity 3 Flying Fungi

L.I to solve a math equation.
For this Summer learning Activity we have to solve a math equation. I thought that this equation was hard but then I started to read the whole story and it wasn't that hard. Here is the full story. Let’s imagine that we tested the air in your classroom and found 7 different kinds of mould. Eek! The cleaner says that it takes 5 days for each mould to be eradicated (removed). If the school had to remove each mould one at a time, how long would it take to remove all the mould from the classroom?

here is how I solved it. first what I did was look back at the story. So it says that it takes five days to take away one mould. So I did 7 x 5 which equals 35. To take away all the moulds would take 35 days.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sulia,

    Well done for figuring out how long it would take to clean the mould. I’m sure glad I’m not going to be the one cleaning for 35 days straight! Do you know how many weeks that is? You have done an awesome job completing the final maths question of the Summer Learning Journey. Have you enjoyed completing some maths questions as part of the Summer Learning Journey?

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete