Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Miracle of Hudson | Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2 Activity 3

Image result for People speakingAs I was sitting in front of the whole school, as one of the speech-finalist. Butterflies started to tingle into my stomach and down my spine. I was excited but at the same time scared. As it was the person before me I started to panic. I started to panic about what would happen if had made a mistake. I then sucked it up and I was ready. I was ready and I wasn't shy anymore. As I said my speech I was much more confident.


L.I to talk about a time that I or somebody has been brave.
I am doing the Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Activity 3. The Summer Learning Journey is a programme that helps children keep track of their work in the holidays, by doing awesome activities. The Theme for this year was 'ChangeMakers'.

For this activity we were asked to talk about a time that somebody was brave enough to do something.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sulia, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the way you have shared about being brave and courageous...you should be very proud of yourself for stepping out of your comfort zone! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather,

      Thank You for commenting on my blog post. I am looking forward to doing more SLJ activities. I hope that I could win win one of those prizes. Last time for the Summer Learning Journey, I got a really get prize by getting the Spot Prize,

      Looking Forward to doing more activities!

      Delete
  3. Malo lelei Sulia!,
    Great work on coming this far with the Summer Learning Journey. It's great that you stood up and confidently recited your speech to the school. Has any of your family members have brave towards something?

    Amazing Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Sulia,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the students at Panmure Bridge School so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts.

    Wow you are very brave, I don’t I could stand up in front of 200 people and speak. I am not a fan of public speaking but I can stand up in front of the class that I teach and say a speech. What was your speech about? This year my students wrote informative speeches about the global issues they had been learning about.

    I just wanted to let you know that this is the last day that all of the blog commenters are working for 2019! We are all taking some time to hang out with whanau and to celebrate the holidays. But everyone will be back on January 6th so keep blogging and we can read them when we get back!

    I hope I get to read more of your blog posts soon,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sulia!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sulia! I really hope you've been enjoying each activity, and making the most of it. And I enjoyed reading your recount about a time YOU were brave. I was there to hear your speech, and you should know it was amazing - be proud! Something like this I'd usually struggle with. I'd do great at speaking, but on the inside I'm really going crazy...Have you ever spoken in front of big crowds before? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete