Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Dr Jessa Rogers Age Calculation | Summer Learning Journey | Week 2 Day 1 Activity 2

L.I to calculate Jessa's age; from when she was born to when she got her NAIDOC Award.
Today I am doing the Summer Learning Journey's Day 1 Activity 2. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps children keep track of their learning during the holidays. I am glad that my school is participating because, the school can get more recognition and the students can learn all different sorts of things.  My school(Panmure Bridge School) has had a great job with doing the Summer Learning Journey, so we are hoping to have another great year.
For this activity we were asked to calculate the ages o Jessa; from when she was born to when she had got her NAIDOC award.  The Equation that we had to solve was :

7 April 1985 + ? = 9 July 2010

My Strategy:

First I took away 9 by 7 : 9 - 7 = 2

Then I added 7 and 2 : 7 + 2 = 9

The Final answers was 2 days.

I went on to the Months and made a number line. I counted from April until July. May, June, July,

The Final answer answer is 3 months.

The final thing that I had to do was calculate the years. I had to find out 1985 + ? = 2010.

First thing I did was add 20 to 1985 : 1985 + 20 = 2005.

 from there I added 5 to 2005 : 2005 + 5 = 2010.

Lastly I added 20 and 5 because those were the numbers that were needed : 20 + 5 = 25.

25 years 3 months 2 days.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Sulia, this is Mrs Collins again from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. Here's my workings out on the problem...
    1985 > 2010 = 25yrs
    7th April > end of April = 23 days
    May = 31 days
    June = 30 days
    > 9th July = 9 days
    = 23+31+30+9= 93 days
    April = 30 days, May = 31 days, June = 30 days (92 days)
    2 days left over
    = 25 yrs, 3 months and 2 days.
    Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Sulia! Well done on this activity and being able to work out the equation. Your strategy was easy to follow and very understandable. Did you find the question hard? I think it definitely looked a bit difficult until I got my answer. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sulia!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete