Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Own Choice | Jessica Watson | Summer Learning Journey | Week 1 Day 5 Actvity 3


L.I to chose a person who is a change-maker and read all about them.
Today I am doing the Summer Learning Journey's Day 5 Activity 3. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps children keep track of their learning during the holidays. I am glad that my school is participating in the Summer Learning Journey because that means I can get my blog post higher and learn about different things. My school has been the top school for the Summer Learning Journey for four years, so I hope that we can be on top of our game this year.

For this activity we were asked to chose a person that is a change maker and talk about them. It had to include: That persons name, What they do and how they impact others. The person that I have chosen to talk about was Jessica Watson. you can learn all about her by checking out this slide that I have created. All information were gathered from https://www.jessicawatson.com.au/. Images used were all for free-use.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sulia - here's some extra facts about Jessica Watson...she is an Australian sailor who was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for completing a southern hemisphere solo circumnavigation at the age of 16. Departing Sydney on 18 October 2009, Watson headed north-east, crossing the equator in the Pacific Ocean before crossing the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sulia!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Sulia! This is actually a very informative presentation about Jessica Watson, being quite interesting to read as well...I didn't know much about this Australian sailor, but I've definitely learnt a lot from your post. What surprised me the most was how she is a change maker and impacted others. You put it into great words, and I really did enjoy reading her story. Well done!

    ReplyDelete