Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer learning journey WWF

L.I is to learn about WWF.
For this Summer Learning Journey activity I have been watching short clips of WWF. WWF is a community that helps earth and living things alive. The Animal that they are working on to save is the Saimaa ringed seals. They are one of the most endangered animals because they live underground where it snows. What they are doing to save this animal is making snow banks. IF the WWF did not make snow banks the seals would be in a lot of danger.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sulia,

    My name is Mikey. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, along with Lee, Izzy, Patricia and Sophie. It looks like you've been very busy completing lots of activities - well done! :) It's great to see you being so active in the programme.

    Wow, it sounds like the WWF are doing a great job trying to protect and preserve the Saimaa ringed seals. What is it about the snow banks that keeps them safe? Safe from what? I'd love to hear a bit more about what you learnt. :)

    Have you seen seals before? I can't say I've ever seen the Saimaa ringed seal but when I lived in Wellington (I live here in Auckland now) I used to see baby fur seals sunbathing on the rocks on my way to work. It was a pretty special way to start the day. :)

    I look forward to reading more of your blog soon. Until then, happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete