Pages

Thursday 2 January 2020

Guiding Principles | Indigenous Rights | Summer Learning Journey | Week 2 Day 4 Activity 1

L.I to pick one of seven whatauki's that connects to you.
Today I am doing the Summer Learning Journey's Day 4 Activity 1. The Summer Learning Journey is a program that helps children keep track of their learning during the holidays. I am glad that my school is participating because, the school can get more recognition and the students can learn all different sorts of things.  My school(Panmure Bridge School) has had a great job with doing the Summer Learning Journey, so we are hoping to have another great year.

For this activity we were asked to pick one whakatauki from seven. A whakatauki is a using a metaphor to show how you feel. The poem that I picked was: Tū mai e moko. Te whakaata o ō mātua. Te moko o ō tīpuna. Stand strong, O moko. The reflection of your parents. The blueprint of your ancestors. I have chosen this poem because it's talking about family, and I think that family has a big impact in your life.



4 comments:

  1. Talofa Sulia! I really enjoyed this activity, and reading all of the great Whakatauki that they had. This one really connected to me, and I chose to talk about it in my blog posts too. These words can speak and mean something to people in different ways, and I like how you chose to understand this Whakatauki. A great poster as well, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...be the best YOU can be!

    Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sulia!,
    Reading the Whakatauki that you have chosen was enjoyable. Your poster is eye catching and has a great layout, which was observing. I like how you have explained what you did for this activity and why you have chosen this Whakatauki.

    Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sulia!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete