Pages

Saturday 4 January 2020

Choose your Own | Summer Learning Journey | Week 2 Day 5 Activity 3

L.I to Chose one person and read all about them.

Today I am doing the Summer Learning Journey's Day 5 activity 3. The Summer Learning Journey, is a program that helps children keep track of their learning during the holidays. The Summer Learning Journey has been going on for four years and my school has been on top of the Summer Learning Journey leader-board. I am glad that my school is participating in the Summer Learning Journey because we can get more blog-post and learn about different sorts of things.

For this activity we were asked to pick one person and read about this. we had to include: their name, what they do and how they impact others. I have picked Pania Newton.

Pania Newton is a a New Zealand Activist for Maoris rights. She is most likely known for protecting Ihumatao. Her and others which are called 'SOUL' fought for their rights to keep the Ihumatao land. She has impacted others by making others have the confidents to do what they truly desire and believe.

4 comments:

  1. Pania Newton is a New Zealand lawyer and activist for Māori land rights; she is a member of the Ngāpuhi, Waikato, Ngāti Mahuta and Ngāti Maniapoto tribes...and has recently been in the news supporting Ihumatao. Great blog post Sulia - Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sulia!,
    Pania Newton is definitely a great choice. I have enjoyed reading about her and how she had a positive impact on others. I would love for you to include Pania Newton's biography or a picture, so we know how she looks like. Besides that I think your blog post was great.

    Keep It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sulia!
    This activity you did was great, Great job for staying active with the Summer Learning Journey! What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sulia! Pania Newton sounds like a very inspiring, and encouraging young woman. A great example of a change maker, AND role model to all of New Zealand. I've decided to do a bit of my own research, being very interested in who this person was...I found out she is also a lawyer! Coincidentally a career I have had thoughts about. Great work!

    ReplyDelete