Pages

Thursday 28 May 2020

Ancestor Poem

L.I To write a poem to describe your anscestors using the literacy devices of alliteration, onomatopeia, metaphor, simile, hyperbole and rhyme.



Our Ancestors are our taonga, and this week we have developed a poem about them. As a class, we worked together to write our poems about our ancestors and the taonga they bring to our lives. We had created this poems to think about them and to be grateful. I really enjoyed creating this poem because I got to connect with my ancestors through this and I got to share to the class, about my culture. In this DLO above, I have used an 'I am' Repetition. In this Poem I also showcase the fact, that I am proud to be who I am. You will see this in the first and last verses of my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment