Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Mary Anning Geology | Research Challenge 2

LI: To use smart searching skills to find out about a scientist from the past who made an important contribution to their field of science. 


This DLO showcase's the research that we found about Mary Anning. This research Challenge included me find one scientist from each area of Science. Including Geometry, I had chosen Mary Anning. Mary Anning, was known for her Major discoveries, including ichthyosaur fossils. Ichthyosaur is an extinct reptile which also means a lizard. This lead her to investigating and exploring more of these creatures. Until March 9, 1847, when she passed away. I found it really interesting that Mary Anning was the first person/female to find these sort of creatures. I really found it interesting because I would have never imagined somebody finding the bones of these long ago creatures. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sulia
    What an amazing informative DLO, Your layout and images really added interest to the information. I think Mary Anning must have been a very amazing woman and I didn't know that she was selected for 50 most incredible inventions. It was great that you included technical words and their meanings.
    Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs. Linda,

      Thank you so much for the comment I really apprriciate it. Stay safe and Healthy!

      Delete