Pages

Friday 14 September 2018

Making a road

Today in Inquiry we have been learning about roads. Today I actually made a road. This road took a lot of work Me, Angelica, Alayah and Florence were working on the road really hard.

The equipment that we used was cardboard, Tape, straws and toothpick.

First we got split into to groups of four. The people in my group was Florence, Angelica and Alayah. We had to choose someone to go and work on the foundation. The person we choose was alayah. After that we had to get a tray. There was mini lambos to test it out. We only had forty minutes to do it so it was intense. We also had to use all of the cardboard.

First to make this we used the tape to connect all of the cardboard together. we got one of the mini cars to test it out. It was successful. After that It kept on going out so We but speed bumps. We got another mini car to test it. some of it was successful but some wasn't. After that we went and added barrier with the straw. we needed a lot of tape to do this.

When the time was over we had to carry the road out outside. When we were taking it outside it started to fall apart but when we got to the grass. We also saw a lot of other peoples roads. They looked really good. We could not touch the foundation or it would be messed up. The foundation was sand.

When it was our turn everyone thought that a car wouldn't make it. But until the first car made it proved everyone wrong. We only got one car to the other side but Our work was really good.

I enjoyed this because I got to work with people that I haven't worked with and I got to build my own road and I could decide what I want to do with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment