Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2020

Taneroa | Summer Learning Journey | Wk 1 A 6 Kick Start

L.I to use our creativity to create a Taeroa Pattern. 
                                   

 Panmure Bridge School, had the opportunity to compete in the Summer Learning Journey. SLJ is a organization that encourages younger students to keep their learning going, by doing assigned activities, with themes behind them. SLJ has been running for over 5 years, and this is the 6th year currently. 

In this DLO, we were asked to create a Taeroa Pattern, out of a koro. We were only allowed to repeat and resize, recolor and rotate these koro's to make the Taeroa Pattern. In my Taeroa Pattern, I repeated the process, and went for modern and tidy pattern. I really found it hard to come up with a idea that wasn't the same with other bloggers work. I found it interesting, how many different ways we could put a koro and use it to design our own. Here are the results. 


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sulia, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Thank you for sharing your awesome kowhaiwhai pattern! I really like that you wanted to make yours different to the other designs that you saw, and I think that you’ve done a great job making yours unique! I really like that you have modernized it by using pastel colours and that you’ve arranged the koru so symmetrically - that must have taken a lot of focus!

    Next time it would be awesome to see what your kowhaiwhai represents for you and what inspired you to do this particular design! What does your kowhaiwhai pattern represent for you? And what part did you find the most interesting about the Tānerore story?

    Ngā mihi nui and keep it up!

    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa lava Sulia,

    Your design looks fabulous! The different colours and a decent background make it stand out and look more effective. You have nailed it! I agree, when I was making the activity I also tried to keep my design different from others but it was a little hard. I also liked how you have added your opinions in your blurb because it explain the topic in more detail. Your blog post is amazing! Next time, try to add the story behind your kowhaiwhai pattern. Do you know some interesting facts about kowhaiwhai patterns?

    Keep up the great work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sulia

    A very modern interpretation on a tradition design with the choice of colours. I liked the end result.

    Well done on your SLJ. You are making great progress. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sulia,

    Reading your blog post blurb about the Kowhaiwhai design. I found it really interesting about your inrpration for your design I think that your design is very unique and looks great! One thing I found tricky when doing this activity was trying to figure out how I should color and rotate the image and how I should re-zise it.

    Why did you go for a modern look?

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete