Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2020

Insect Art | Acitivity 4 Summer Learning Journey

 L.I to get inspiration from Insect art, and use nature to express our creativity. 


Panmure Bridge School, had the opportunity to compete in the Summer Learning Journey. SLJ is a organization that encourages younger students to keep their learning going, by doing assigned activities, with themes behind them. SLJ has been running for over 5 years, and this is the 6th year currently. 

In this activity we were asked to watch a video that was created by Raku Inoue. Raku Inoue, is a Canadian artist who uses, twigs, flowers, leaves, seeds etc. to create complex portraits, of insects. 

LS2(& Room 5) had watched a video that explained how Raku Inoue, had created these small portraits. It was then our turn to try out these intricate portraits. LS2 had walked around through the school collecting whatever they needed. Most students got twigs, potentilla, wheat, lavenders & etc. After collecting our resources, we created our masterpiece. 

I chose to create a butterfly. in my flower, I filled up the wings with flowers as you can see. I used twigs to do the outlining of this butterfly. 

What is a Insect? A insect is a small arthropod animal that has six legs and generally one or two pairs of wings.

Three Facts about a Butterfly:

1.  There are almost 20,000 butterfly species.
2. Butterflies only live for a few weeks
3. Butterfly wings are transparent

I found this activity very fun because we got to explore our creativity and got to explore the outside nature. I found it interesting that this was very challenging and how their are 20,000 different species of butterflies. 

2 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Sulia,

    Woah! The design you made looks amazing! I liked the way you have added so much detail in the wings and the outline with the stems. After seeing your artwork the first thing I think of is "wow". I also liked that you have added a background which will make the design look more effective. I liked how you have added a well explained blurb as it makes your blog post more detailed making it easy for the reader to know about the topic. Same as you, I have completed this task and made a butterfly. Your interesting facts are amazing! Can you name five species of butterflies that you might know?

    Keep up the great work! I am looking forward for your reply.
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sulia,

    I’m Daniel from the SLJ Blog commenting team. I’m looking forward to seeing all your amazing blog posts and I hope you’re enjoying your summer.

    Amazing post Sulia, Your Butterfly design is stunning and the level of detail is really great. I hope your garden survived with some flowers left.

    The effort you’ve put in is awesome and the report you’ve included is thorough and interesting, including the extra butterfly facts. I’m glad you found this activity fun and enjoyed the creative task.

    I have marked this post down as an outstanding post which will receive bonus points.

    Fantastic work Sulia,
    See you later in the comments.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete