Pages

Monday 4 January 2021

Taneroa | Summer Learning Journey | Wk 1 A 6 Step it up

 L.I to create a more detailed Kowhaiwhai pattern. 

                                    

Storyline: This Kowhaiwhai pattern is about Rangi & Papa, before they were seperated. I hae used Blue to represent Papa(Sky) and Green to represent Rangi(Nautre). I also used two koru's to with different colors to represent the children they had. 

In this DLO above, I have used my creativity to create a more detailed kowhaiwhai pattern. A kowhaiwhai pattern is a monograph that expresses a story using maori art. Just as the last task, we needed to create a kowhaiwhai pattern; but in this activity, we were able to use different lines and make it more detailed. This activty also concluded us to create a storyline as any other kowhawhai pattern.

In my kowhawhai pattern I hade used two main colors which were the main key of understanding my story. With my kowhaiwhai pattern I created a heart, to create the love of Rangi & Papa

 I really enjoyed this activity because of how we used our creativity, and how I needed to research more into different moari myths to get my storyline. 

Leave your thoughts below on what you think about my pattern. 


1 comment:

  1. Ki Ora Sulia ,

    Awesome drawing's you've created. I really enjoyed finding out the meaning's behind your drawing. You have put a lot of effort into your DLO. I think you have also explained well what you enjoyed well doing this task. Its really great to see that you have you used your researching skills to find out different Moari myth to get your story line.

    What did you find tricky about this task ? why?

    Thanks ,

    ReplyDelete