Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2021

Culture | Abstract Noun

Our focus this week in writing is to create a abstract noun poem. A abstract noun is something that you can feel emotionally and mentally, but not physically. In this poem we were required to pick a abstract noun and create a poem about it. in this poem, we needed to include the 5 senses, puncuation, complex sentences, metaphors, similies & abstract nouns. we also used DRAFT, to help us complete our poems.

 Liletina and I had worked collaborativly on creating a poem about Culture. We also used word-hippo to check if there was any other words we needed to change to make our writing more detailed. We also used inspiration fo the classroom to make it more descriptive, and create a more vivid image in our peers minds. 

I really enjoyed this weeks focus in writing because it allowed us to become more creative, and gain more knowledge about how to enhance poems and abstract nouns. 


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sulia!
    Wow! The abstract noun poem you and Liletina had made is amazing. It gave me shivers of astonishment. My favourite part about your poem was the first sentence because it hooked me onto the poem. My partner, Fau and I have also done this and you can check it out! I also like your detailed blurb. It gives me a clear understanding of what the purpose of this activity was and how you completed it. Your poem is very powerful and painted a picture in my head of each sentece, making me want to read more. Why did you pick to describe culture?

    Well done and thank you!

    Farzana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Farzana!

      Thank you so much for the feedback! yes, I will check you and your partners poem!

      We chose the word Culture because it is a topic that we all know and have a strong connection to. My partner and I really felt that this was a great topic to write and share about, in hopes of making connections with to readers.

      What does Culture mean to you?

      Looking forward to hearing from you!

      - Sulia

      Delete